Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hark and Well Met Traveller!

Hello World!

Hope you're all doing well, unless you're evil, in which case i hope you're doing, err, you know, like not so well *gives a stern look*. This thing here is my blog... decided to get one after seeing the one of my mate has. Should be interesting to see if i keep updating this thing, but am not too sure what i'm going to be using it for just quite yet.

lol, i can't think of anything interesting to type!

Lets see here now... i think i'm looking for ppl who have similar interests as me --

TV-wise: i'm a Browncoat, semi-Trekie, semi-Whovian. So in general, tv shows i like include: Firefly, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Doctor Who, Heroes, Family Guy, Babylon 5, House, Battlestar Galactica, Hustle, The Simpsons, Gilmore Girls, Robot Chicken, and many more.

Interests-wise: I enjoy mathematics and computer programming, though i must admit that i'm not very good at either. My favourite CRPG (Computer Role Playing Game) of all time is the Baldur's Gate series, which is totally awesome. I also like reading books and recently, comics too. Also I like watching musicals, the pass-time started last summer and I have been hooked ever since!

Work-wise: I'm a KTP (Knowledge Transfer Partnership) associate and work as a research analyst for a marketing analysis company. From my point of view, it works like a graduate programme in that i learn loads in a real world environment while simultaneously undertaking a PhD which my employer pays for. Before i started this job i use to work as a Bookseller for Borders.

Music-wise: I've got an eclectic taste, but currently have a strong preference towards celtic and folk music.

Movie-Wise: Serenity, Lord of the Rings, Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, Forest Gump, Life is Beautiful, Star Wars, Shawn of the Dead, and many others...

Hmmm, what else... ah yes 'Blog of a Geek in Search of Friends' -- i named it this because most of the ppl i knew here in London have now moved away and i've lost contact with a lot of them. I feel a little alone to be completely honest. I do meet up with groups of ppl every now and again to do something, and i do consider them to be my mates, it's just, i don't know, feels like something is missing?

lol, don't worry, i really don't think doing a simple blog will solve the above issue, but hopefully someone may stumble upon it and think, 'hey, he's a nice bloke with similar interests to me, let's see if he wants to be my mate'. :-)

Oh, and the geek part in the title -- i would love to be an uber-geek, but i just can't manage it... i love science fiction but i couldn't recite, or even identify the episode of a line of dialogue from Star Trek/Babylon 5/BSG etc. even though i've watched every single episode ever made... my memory just isn't made that way.

wish i could do that sort of thing though, bcoz i reckon, to me at least, that would be really cool.

Ok, i've writen enough for now, and my fingers are tired! Take care all, and don't be a stranger, though at this point, you, er, well, you are a stranger i guess...lol.

Till next i blog... goodbye. :-)

3 comments:

Odyssey said...

Hello World.Tony,

Like your choice of films! I adore Life is Beautiful, it's one of my very favourites. (Plus, it's got the cutest kid in the world).

Good to see ya bloggin, I'll have a buddy in this unfamiliar blog universe (blogiverse?) - now, the key is, where do we find other people to continue this blogfest with?

Blake Dale said...

lol, nice to hear from you Marie :-)

Life is Beautiful would make me cry if i wasn't so manly. err, ok, there's no way you're going to buy that line, so i shall admit that i might have shed one tear at the end of it. or two. possibly more. :-P

re: Blogiverse -- ooooh, i like that!

find other ppl to blog with... not sure, i've been randomly choosing blogs to read but other than you, haven't really found anyone with similar tastes quite yet... i may have to check out livejournal at some point too :-)

Keep fly'n,
tony b

Anonymous said...

o hai,

Just wondering if this blog post is still relevant (been a couple of years). I'm not a fan of blogs, so if you're still on the same page, feel free to add me on skype (hate that sodding program, but everyone uses it) at
skypename: tinebalhata (Texture-Mapped Terence)

In case of a 'yes', please note I'm not from the USA, so Star Trek is quite unfamiliar (for now), but if BG is still your favourite crpg...